Saturday, February 16, 2008

Guys, I Hardly Know Ya!

The Wings lost their fifth in a row. They certainly are not the same team that played before the All-Star break. Watching them against Columbus was not only painful, it was bordering on disgusting! Something is broken and needs to be fixed--FAST!!!

Not an excuse, by any means, but the Wings DO have four players injured at the moment. Four rather key players--among them TWO of their best D-men. Very discouraging to watch them skate around with no rhyme or reason behind what they are doing. Passing has been bad, give-aways are rampant, and they can't score no matter how many shots on goal they have. Such a difference from the first half of the season.

Again, not an excuse, but the officiating has been HORRIBLE lately. The amount of penalties NOT called on BOTH teams was unbelievable. And the rotten penalties that WERE called, well... I'm not sure if it is the frustration the Wings are feeling, or just plain horrid reffing, but Lidstrom has been getting more than normal penalties AND Datsyuk has been getting sent to the 'sin bin!' Absolutely unheard of.

I certainly hope someone lights fires under the guys (or rips them new ones, for sure) before Sunday. The Wings will play Dallas as NBC's Game-of-the-Week and they don't need to humiliate themselves on national TV! Won't SOMEONE save them from themselves already?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...