Friday, February 29, 2008

$#@%*&^(&^$@! Interwebs and Other Stuff

It seems as if the whole internet has been having a meltdown the past week or so. At times I haven't been able to load a site AT ALL and at other times it has been soooooooo sllloooowwwww that I would get things done faster if I had a dialup service! What's going on?

--Blogger has been bad for me off and on lately. Not only haven't I been able to load the main site, but some of my favorite blogs are on Blogger and they haven't loaded, either. I haven't had problems today, but...

--SiteMeter has been having problems lately. From not being able to load to loading so slowly that I just have given up, I have been frustrated beyond words. I know the site has been undergoing mayor changes over the last several months, so that may still be part of the problems.

--Lately Meleah's blogs haven't been working smoothly. Yesterday I had big trouble off and on--at one point I couldn't get to her sites at all--then a couple hours later all was fine. Then later I had trouble... Every time I go to her sites I cross my fingers--I NEED my dose of Meleah every day! After all, she is one of my favorite people on the interweb!

--Stuff On My Cat has been bogged down for the last few days. They are well aware of the problems, but it is overly frustrating as they post new pictures every hour. AAACCCKKK!!!

--The other day mental_floss had problems. Things seem to be going smoothly again, but I wonder if it is just a matter of time.

--I realize WHAT the problem was on Tuesday (trade deadline) but that didn't make it any better for me--I was SO upset at not being able to get to NHL sites for trade news. Granted, I was able to overdose on stories after the buzz died down, but still--I wanted to know what the news was NOW!

**********

At different times, I have left notes around the house for family members. Usually, I will leave notes to K asking him to put mail out in the mailbox--very rarely will I leave notes other than that. I understand that notes ARE a way for some people to communicate with their co-workers and roommates. Of course, there now is a site dedicated to these notes--and some of them are a little disturbing. Check out passiveaggressivenotes.com--and be happy you don't live/work with some of these people!

**********

Some people are just SO damn creative! I never would have thought of making bacon bowls in which to put salad or breadless BLTs! Really a cool idea--however, I don't know if I would spend the time doing it. Check out the instructions here.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:00 PM

    My spell check was off for weeks, and yep, my is sooo slow these days, what's going on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger HAS been hugely fickle lately!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so annoying to have these problems--especially when you KNOW things could be better! I guess we are just spoiled sometimes--I just remember back to the days of dialup! {shudder}

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...