Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Trojans, Babies, Amy, and Hockey

A small amount of excitement here. (Now, that is a relative term, I know!) A couple of days ago the desktop started with some strange pop-ups and through a LOT of research, I came to the conclusion that it is infected with a backdoor Trojan. I spent HOURS yesterday trying to get rid of the problem, but I ended up taking it in to be fixed. See, I know enough about computers to be dangerous. I ALSO know enough to NOT do anything I am not absolutely sure about, hence the passing of the repairs on to someone else. From what I could find out, it seems as if the spyware took up residence in the registry, and I will NOT touch the registry--too much can go very, very wrong. I'm hoping the repairs won't take longer than a day or two--if I have my druthers, I will be picking it up tomorrow. I won't hold my breath. THEN I will have to have someone come over to look at my network--I don't believe it is secure. If I learned one thing from this whole deal, it is this: I need to be able to do EVERYTHING, including banking, on my laptop. Right now, I don't dare.

**********

A sent me a text message on my phone yesterday to let me know her pregnancy test came out negative. Once again, she shut down and didn't want to talk--her prerogative, I know. She DID text me this afternoon--just small 'talk'--so I am hoping she is taking this as well as can be expected. I can't be sure what her state of mind is until I actually talk to her, so...

**********

I am really impressed by Amy Winehouse--I got her CD 'Back to Black' and am absolutely amazed by her voice. It is just too bad that she is such a train wreck! Hopefully she will get her life back in order--her talent is too big to go to waste.

**********

I calmed down about the Wings by the game on Sunday. While they didn't win, at least they played a whole lot better than they had been. Then last night, they were back to form--they beat Colorado 4-0! It certainly was a joy to watch. Baby Boy FINALLY got a goal--Z got two goals and Datsyuk got three assists! Hallelujah! The bad part is what REALLY got the spark going: Lidstrom got bashed into the boards and had to leave the game. They say he hurt his knee, but by the way he had to be helped off of the ice, I wouldn't be surprised if it is much worse. Maybe this time they are telling the actual truth and not trying to make things sound better than they are. Now they are down three D-men--not a good situation at all. But, there still is plenty of time till the playoffs, so...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:35 AM

    Surprisingly Amy is an EXCELLENT singer...I have all of her albums.

    (Rehab is the one song I dont like)

    Computer nightmares are the WORST!! I feel your pain. That SUCKS!!

    Sorry to hear about the pregnancy test not turning out the way she wanted. Maybe next time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not as impressed with Amy's first CD--'Frank' I think is the name. Too much in the jazz range. I have tried and tried to like jazz, but no go--can't wrap my mind around it! (Except for Ella, of course, but then, Ella IS Ella after all. :)) I like Rehab, except for the lyrics and meaning behind it--with all her problems and all, it just doesn't seem very appropriate.

    One of the bad things with A not getting pregnant: With each time it doesn't work, the chances of her getting pregnant without in vitro go down substantially. And THEN you're talking BIG TIME expense--somewhere in the $10-15000 range per try!!! Who has that kind of money? And insurance DOESN'T pay! Oh, well, everything happens for a reason--this I AM sure of. Doesn't make it any easier, though.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...