Wednesday, February 27, 2008

WHEN Will It End?

Tonight is about the closest I have come to actually crying at the end of a hockey game. Come on already--the Wings came back from a 2-0 score in the second, Baby Boy scored the WINNING goal a little more than two minutes before the end of the game, and then Lilja got called for delay of game with less than two minutes left in the game. (While I understand the reasoning behind the automatic penalties, this particular one sucked--AND he didn't do it intentionally.) Of course, Edmonton pulled their goalie and had six attackers against the four Wings--and Ozzie couldn't keep the puck out of the net. Edmonton tied the game with 28 seconds left to the game. The game went through the overtime period and on to the shootout. Which Edmonton won.

As a fan, I usually feel awful because MY team loses. "How DARE they do that to ME?" However, I don't feel bad for myself tonight--I feel so bad for the players. Things just are going so terribly for them--I can just about understand what they are feeling. It is so sad. Things can only get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...