Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Busy Day

Today was one of my busier ones for a while. It started at 7:30 AM--EXCUSE ME!!!!!--when I woke up to get ready for my pre-op eye appointment at 9:00. I was prepared to be there for the hour they said it would take, but I didn't get home till 11:15! Good grief. And the doc put extra super-duper strong dilating drops in my eyes, which he said could cause my eyes to stay dilated till tomorrow. Needless to say, I had a headache all day. Anyway, he said everything looks fine and there is no reason why I can't have the surgery, so it is a go.

When I got home, I had to take a nap--too short, but a nap. It is very difficult to stay awake and be able to do something when your eyes are as unfocused as mine were. The nap helped, but not enough.

All afternoon I had to get ready for my dinner guests--my sister-in-law and her daughter-in-law. They were in town so that the daughter-in-law could have her radiation treatment--she has non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. These radiation treatments are supposed to be the last of what she has to go through--everything is looking very well. I hope all continues to go well--she is a real sweetheart.

They stayed for a visit till after 8:00 and then left to go back to their room--they need to stay the night for another treatment tomorrow. Niece-in-law will have to be here every day for about 18 days (Monday through Friday only) for a treatment. And they live 100 miles away. And she has school-age children, so she needs to be at home when she can. But, the three weeks will go fast for her, I hope.

I wouldn't let them help me clean up because K is on night shift and it gave me something to occupy the rest of my evening. I got to watch the hockey game while cleaning up, so things went pretty fast for me. My eyes are slowly getting back to normal, but I still need to get some more sleep.

This has been a very boring post and isn't particularly well-written. I apologize for that. I guess I'm tired. :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:20 PM

    daughter-in-law could have her radiation treatment--she has non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

    Oh No! That breaks my heart to hear that.

    Is the treatment helping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully, it looks as if she is in remission. She has been very lucky and hasn't had a lot of side effects from the chemo or any other treatment. I just about lost it when she was diagnosed--I love her so much. She is a sweetie. And hopefully, this will be the last of the treatments she needs. Keeping the good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...