Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Oldest

C was born on 4 May. 1978. She was three weeks early. This was the last time she was early for ANYTHING. And it is still true.

On Monday, C and her husband went to Ann Arbor to have their son evaluated at U of M. They were stopping here to pick up our GPS system to help them navigate around the city. The night before, she said they wanted to leave home at 10:00 AM, but she was sure they wouldn't get on the road till 10:30. I expected them here at noon, 12:30 the latest. At 1:00, C called me--they JUST left home. I wasn't surprised. And I don't think she will ever change. :)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:50 AM

    I guess if you have kids, especially small kids, it takes longer to leave the house even if you've planned it all out.

    I'm one of those "on-time" people. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm never on time for anything either.. When my oldest was a baby, it literally took us five hours to get ready to go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:30 PM

    I am one of the Come EARLY people....but thats probably because I am so OCD about everything I have to Be On Time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be late for everything--actually, the principal at my oldest's elementary school used to call me "the late Mrs K!" :) I may not be early for things these days, but I am rarely late. I usually show up EXACTLY on time.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...