Sunday, May 25, 2008

Day 2 Post-op

Today I am seeing better out of my left eye than my right--I guess it really IS true about the fluctuations! Several strange things about this whole experience: I find myself trying to 'adjust' my glasses when I can't see something. I'm having a hard time remembering that no matter how much I want it to be so, putting something closer to my face will NOT make me see it better. And I am amazed at how much I actually do need the reading glasses.

About the adjusting my glasses: I was a big adjuster--whether I adjusted with my hand or by scrunching my nose, I did it all of the time. I think it was more a habit than a necessity, but it still is something I will have to quit. I'm sure I look absolutely ridiculous every time I put my hand to my face to move my glasses into position--and there are none there!

Being near-sighted for most of my life, it is so very hard for me to NOT bring something close to my face in order to see it better. I don't know how long it will take for me to quit doing this, but it is beginning to be annoying. After I realize I'm not seeing because something is close, I have to find my readers and THEN look at whatever it is I need to see. I'm hoping I will be able to see as well with the readers as I used to see up close. Time will tell.

I never realized I would need readers for as many things as I do. Of course I knew I would need them to read and write. I figured I would need them for sewing and beadwork and any other craft I would do. However, I never expected to need them for cleaning! If there happens to be a stain in the sink, for example, I need the readers in order to see to clean it--and make sure I did a good job. Unbelievable!

So far, other then eye-strain headaches, I haven't had any pain. Throughout the day my vision continues to fluctuate wildly. Sometimes I have very clear vision, sometimes it is a bit cloudy/hazy/blurry. I don't think I am having a dry eye problem, but I might. My far vision is quite good--I was able to watch the game tonight with no problem whatsoever. I am trying to be as patient as I possibly can be and keep telling myself this is NOT a quick process to get through. I'm still happy I had the surgery.

1 comment:

  1. I want to get this surgery!! So glad you're doing okay!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...