Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Where In The world Is CMK?

Tonight I'm sitting in a hotel room in Green Bay, WI. I am having my LASIK surgery tomorrow afternoon, so we decided to come into town tonight already. Works for me--I got to eat a wonderful meal, drink one too many stingers, and sleep all alone in a queen sized bed! Who wouldn't like this?

Driving around Green Bay, I am absolutely amazed at everything painted green and yellow. (Okay, maybe they consider it gold.) Of course, those are the Packer colors. I don't believe there is another city with a pro-sports team that is like Green Bay. EVERYTHING is Packers here. I can just about guarantee that you wouldn't have to move too many blocks from Joe Louis Arena in Detroit to see the colors red and white diminish immensely. They sure do love their Packers here.

I got to see Lambeau field today--I have seen it before, but I thought I would mention it anyway. This is where the Packers play. yippee. I suppose Packer-backers would be thrilled to see it--probably the way I would feel if I got to see 'the Joe.' Lambeau field is situated right up against a residential area. From what I am told, people who live there have a hard time finding parking whenever the Packers are playing. I also have been told that some locals even rent out parking spaces on their property on game days. Hey, you do what you have to, I guess.

K and I always download a copy of the Packers schedule when it comes out. We put game days on our calendars. We do this so that we make sure and stay the hell away from Wisconsin on those days! Some people wind up having to get rooms just over the border in Michigan for the games because you can't get anything closer to Green Bay. We are talking 50 miles or more away. Unbelievable.

So, other than driving around and looking at Packer colors, and then getting tipsy during dinner, I have done very little today. I just want this all to be over. And in less than 24 hours, it will be. I will post an update as soon as I am able.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:19 PM

    GOOD LUCK on your surgery! You will be AMAZED with the results!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck my friend! I'll say a prayer for ya!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...