Monday, May 26, 2008

Odds and Ends

A few things from the emptiness that is my mind:

--While I was channel surfing, I came across Fit TV. I have seen the channel before and it doesn't do much for me. One look at this body and ANYONE would know I don't WATCH the channel. Anyway, it caught my eye because of this show: Shimmy. It is an entire show devoted to belly dancing--as in 'belly dance your way to fitness.' Interesting, but I don't think it is for me.

--I don't know how many people watch Oxygen, but I'm not one of them. I have, on occasion, watched one show: Talk Sex with Sue Johanson. (Actually, I probably watched the show on the CBC, where it started.) It is like watching a train wreck--you just can't STOP watching. For those who don't know the show, here we go. Sue Johanson is older than dirt--she is in her 70s--and she talks about sex. Graphically. And sex toys. Which she shows and describes how to use them. And she talks about sex some more--every aspect of it. VERY graphically. As I said, it is like watching a train wreck--fascinating but horrifying at the same time. Sue has announced her retirement from TV, so there is a very limited time where you can catch the show. Here is the link to it.

--For the past several days, I haven't posted the police logs. There is a good reason for that: nothing much has been happening! While there have been a lot of 'suspicious people,' nothing more has been going on. Hmmmmm, maybe too much went on too early--hopefully things will pick up soon. ;)

--C and her husband are bringing their son to the University of Michigan to be evaluated further for his autism. The director of the autism center is a nationally known pioneer in autism research there, so it will be good for him to be seen. They will be going down tomorrow (Monday) for the appointment on Tuesday. A LONG drive for them--at least 8 hours from our town and it takes them over two hours to get here! They aren't expecting any different results from what they already have, just confirmation. They want to make sure the treatment plan they have is the right one and want to know if there is more they should be doing.

--We are having another holiday that means absolutely nothing to me. I don't mean the holiday is meaningless--FAR from it--it's just it will be another day for me. As usual. K will be working an overtime shift--his fourth in a row. All during his long weekend. Oh, well, it isn't as if we would have done anything if he would have been home, anyway. Such is my life. :) At least I have a game to watch in the evening!

I hope you all have a good holiday!

5 comments:

  1. I think I've heard of that show. They looking for a new host? LOL!
    Didn't do anything this holiday either, I'd like a little cheese with my whine please.
    Try to make it a good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that show too.. It's is exactly as you described it!!! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:50 AM

    Sue Johanson sounds like a REAL trip! hahahha

    I will be keeping my thoughts with C and her son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue DEFINITELY is something else. I do encourage anyone who hasn't seen the show to watch it at least once before it goes off the air. It is "must see TV." :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. man, sue is the queen of sex toys! At her age, she's still giving it a go!. Long Live Sue!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...