Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hmmmm.......

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. (I lied, I am. I just don't tell people--they tend to look at you funny if you do.) But, once again, I gotta wonder.

Last night, the Wings played game 4 of the series against Dallas. They pretty much have been rolling over the Stars. The Stars won last night--they played better than Detroit in many aspects. (Yes, once I cool down I can admit it.) Game 5 will be on NBC on Saturday afternoon.

Tonight, the Penguins (boo, hiss) and Flyers played game 4 of their series. The Penguins (boo, hiss) have been rolling over the Flyers--just like the Wings in their series. The Flyers won tonight's game--and played much better than Pittsburgh. Their game 5 will be played on NBC on Sunday afternoon.

So here is where the conspiracy comes in. NBC didn't broadcast either of last weekend's games--they put on golf (?) instead. This weekend will be the last time they can put on a Cup playoff game until (possibly) the finals--whenever they are played. Did someone put in the bribe for each series to continue for the weekend? And who got the money? My vote is the refs, but it is only an opinion. It just seems WAY too coincidental. ;)

**********

The Mule, AKA Johan Franzen, has been cleared to begin light workouts. He will not be playing in Saturday's game because he still is suffering headaches. None of the tests show anything. (No jokes about hockey players not having anything in their heads anyway!) There is no word on when he might play again. It has fans concerned.

One of the reasons Wings fans are concerned about this is because of Jiri Fischer. Fischer played for the Wings for several years. He was 25 years old, healthy, a pro-athlete very good at what he did. He had star written all over him. And then came that night in November 2005. Jiri Fischer died during a game. Late in the first period in which he was playing, Fischer went into cardiac arrest while sitting on the bench. Luckily, he was revived, but remained unconscious for six minutes. Subsequently it was determined that he had a heart problem that never was diagnosed. Today he is healthy in every way but will probably not play hockey again. He now is a scout for the Wings.

So, fans are very worried that Franzen might have something going on that is extremely serious. Let's hope that isn't the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...