Thursday, April 10, 2008

First One Is Done!

I am so very embarrassed to say this, but my stomach is so tied up in knots right now I'm afraid I'm about to develop an ulcer! And why is that? Because I was so worked up over tonight's game. STILL two more months to go before the end of the playoffs...at least I HOPE the Wings are still around in June!

Anyway, the Wings won 3-1 tonight. The last goal was an empty-netter, so it was a much closer game than the score indicates. Detroit was playing quite well, but so was Nashville. It was a fight right down to the finish and the Wings managed to grind out a win. Don't know how many more of these close games I will be able to handle.

The first octopus--at least the first that they showed on TV*--went onto the ice before the game even started. The next one that we were shown was after Z scored the last goal at the end of the game. Neither octopus came anywhere close to the record-setting 50 pound one that made it to the ice during the 1995 playoffs! :)

*Officially, nothing is supposed to be thrown onto the ice during a game. So says the NHL. (Actually, I believe a penalty can be called against the team if the refs think it is warranted.) Unofficially, EVERYONE wants to see an octopus.



--Detroit Red Wings goalie Chris Osgood (30) congratulates goalie Dominik Hasek (39), of the Czech Republic, after Detroit's 3-1 win over the Nashville Predators in Game 1 of the NHL Western Conference quarterfinal hockey playoff series in Detroit, Thursday, April 10, 2008. (AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...