Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Bits and Pieces

We got a letter today announcing The Father's family reunion this summer. Oh, yay. As I have always said, I certainly wouldn't be friends with most of my family. I have to be around these people ONLY because they are family, so... The day of the reunion, K will be in the middle of a night-shift stretch. This means he will have to take time off so that we can attend--something HE has to decide if he wants or not. He hasn't told me what he has decided yet.

I never was very close to any of The Father's family, but that is mainly The Mother's fault. She didn't like them, so we didn't spend time around them. (She said THEY didn't like her, so it is hard as to where to place blame on this one.) There are a couple of my cousins who I would like to be friends with, but it is way too late for that--too much water under the bridge. AND too much family drama. I will go to the thing and I will enjoy myself, but I won't cry if we stay home.

**********

I posted as to how much snow we got during the storm, but I didn't mention how much of an impact this had. All of the schools in the area were closed, including the university. You know the weather is bad when the university closes. After all, most of the students don't need to commute, so there isn't that much of a concern over commuting safety. If there were any business closings, I don't know. Surprisingly, our mail got here before noon--and we don't usually get it till after 2:00 PM! A mystery.

**********

Our new freezer was delivered on Monday. For five years, at least, I have been telling K that there was something very wrong with the old one. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of the guys K works with, so I didn't know what the hell I was talking about. A couple of months ago he asked around at work and, lo and behold, my assessment of the situation was confirmed--so we ordered a new one. I did all of the research to find a replacement, but when the new one got here, it almost didn't fit through the door--turns out it is bigger than my old one! Oops. Well, I guess I'll have a lot of fun filling the darn thing.

**********

Several more teams clinched play-off spots again tonight--but there still are several spots that won't be decided till the last game of the season. It still isn't decided who Detroit will play. The President's Cup winner hasn't been decided yet, either--tomorrow night, maybe.

I watched two games tonight--both could have a definite impact on who the Wings play in the first round. I really don't know who I want them to be up against--there are good and bad things about each team. It will be nice when all is decided, though. One more week and the play-offs begin--can't wait!

Holmstrom could be playing tomorrow night. He got a cortisone injection in the groin to help with the pain he has been experiencing. Ick and ouch! It will be interesting to see whether he can play up to his capabilities. Draper is out--probably through the end of the year--with HIS groin problem. Stuart has been skating with the team and is hoping the finger is fine for the first round of the play-offs. He said he can't shoot very well, yet. And Samuelsson should be back, as well, before the play-offs.

Three games left in the regular season and Baby Boy has only one more goal to reach twenty. When it happens, he will be the sixth Wing to reach at least twenty goals for the year--not too shabby.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:37 AM

    My family is similar. My mom is an only child though she was close to her cousins, and we used to visit one of my dad's sisters fairly often, but for the most part we only saw Dad's family at weddings and funerals. There was a big reunion some years ago that we went to, but none since.

    I'm always worried when we get anything new that it won't fit through the doors. Glad your freezer did!

    I don't even want to think about an injection in the groin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:54 PM

    love new appliances.

    wondering what K will decide about the upcoming family event?

    ReplyDelete
  3. New appliances! I'm in heaven whenever we get 'em. Funny thing is, every one we have replaced the last couple of years has been bigger than the old one. They don't even make the same sizes as I had. Hmmm.

    I really think that K will decide we should go. As I said, I will have a good time if we go and I won't cry if we don't. Both girls should be there, so that will make things better.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...