Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More...

With C's birthday this Sunday, I've been making more bracelets. The first one I made for her is one with her birthstones. I used emerald green and clear Swarovski crystals and liquid silver spacers.




Considering the amount of kids she has, it is not very easy to find Mother's rings/necklaces/bracelets, so I decided to make her a bracelet myself. The pendants are her and her husband's birthstones. The colored birthstones are Swarovski crystals and I used silver beads, silver rondelle and daisy spacers, and Swarovski pearls to complete it.



I think she will like them. (By the way, I REALLY admire jewelry photographers. It is not an easy task, at all. ALL of the pics I take seem to be a bit fuzzy. Oh, well.)

The gem stone and color for 'serenity' is amethyst. Considering I long for serenity constantly, I made myself bracelets to invoke the concept. These I wear all of the time.

This bracelet is made of amethyst beads, amethyst colored Swarovski crystals, and silver round beads. The large bead is silver and says 'serenity' on it. (Just in case it isn't easily readable.)



And this one is made of ametyst beads, clear Swarovski crystals, and silver round beads.



(These last two photographed MUCH darker than they actually are.)

As you can see, I have WAY too much time on my hands! But, I enjoy making them and it isn't anything that taxes my brain too much. :)

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:52 AM

    when I made some jewelry, I put them on my scanner and the photos were great-bright and clear. Try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, what was your budget? That must be pretty expensive, but it's beautiful. Although the design is sorta generic but it's very beautiful.

    Are you using flash in the photograph?
    If yes, then turn it off and put a large, powerful lamp on top of the jewelry, increase the exposure time and then either using a tripod or hands of steel keep it steady for a perfect shot. This works for me when I take photos of my lego models.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I left a comment here, but I guess I didn't..

    I love them all, especially the one you made for C. I'd love something like that, but all our birthstones are the same except for my oldest daughter.

    The hubs gave me earrings from the girls with their birthstones. I feel bad if I wear one without the other, so I always wear them both whether one doesn't match or not. I figure there's at least one reason I still have extra holes in my ears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. janet: I never even thought to use the scanner--I will have to try that. Thanks!

    anuj: While Swarovski crystals are a bit more expensive than some others, the cost to make any of the bracelets was not all that great. Yes, the designs are very generic, but the people I make the bracelets for prefer the plain designs. :)

    No, I didn't use the flash. And, yes, I tried it WITH the flash to make sure it would be a mistake. :) I think using a tripod would be the best way to go, as I really can't hold the camera steady enough. If I was taking the pics so that I could sell the jewelry, I would probably put in the time and do it right, but because I'm taking them so I can remember what I made, I just haven't made the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:33 PM

    those are sooooo awesome.

    you should CONSIDER setting up an online store...and selling them.

    I would buy one in a heartbeat.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. burg and meleah: Thank you both so kindly. It is so nice when others appreciate what you have done.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...