Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Random Mindlessness

Does anyone else think that, at some point, Oprah had a classic Scarlett O'Hara "As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again." moment? You know, just before she sold her soul to the devil. (Oh, come on, you KNOW you've thought that is the only way she got to where she is!)

**********

Our city is looking to make talking on a cell phone while driving illegal. Of course they are! Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think it is particularly safe to use a cell while driving--and I CERTAINLY don't do it very often myself. The thing is, the city isn't doing it for safety reasons--IMHO--they are doing it to make money. See, this town will do anything to make money. It is so bad here that we think the 'Welcome to...' sign should have the slogan 'Anything For A Buck' printed under the city name. It would be more than appropriate.

**********

K once told me that he heard a superior say, "If the Navy wanted you to have a wife, you would have been issued one in your seabag." Is it any wonder I never quite made it as a 'Navy wife?'

**********

Whenever I watch a hockey game on Versus, I miss the TV show 24--and can't wait till the next season comes on early in 2009. What does hockey and 24 have in common? Keifer Sutherland. Before every broadcast, this announcement comes on: "The following is a presentation of the National Hockey League." It is Keifer Sutherland's voice that is heard. I miss 24.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:26 AM

    Does anyone else think that, at some point, Oprah had a classic Scarlett O'Hara "As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again." moment? You know, just before she sold her soul to the devil. (Oh, come on, you KNOW you've thought that is the only way she got to where she is!)

    That is HYSTERICAL..because its TRUE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:28 PM

    Ompah is an antichrist plain and simple. That false religious cult crap she's spreading, poor ignorant idiots being sucked in by the millions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, I think my SIL is being taken in by her newest 'religion'--and is getting our nephew's wife sucked in, also! Scary stuff, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO!!! I hate Oprah.

    I thought my town was money hungry! The mayor released a statement to the crappy town paper after the hurricanes in LA that said that our utility rates would be going up as a result.. I felt like screaming.. WE'RE IN O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A YOU CHUCKLE HEAD!!! Idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love the way city officials think? You could never say they used common sense to make ANY decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:37 AM

    I can't wait for 24 to return!!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...