Thursday, April 17, 2008

Memories

One evening at the end of my junior year in high school, The Family was sitting around the table eating dinner. The Brother, looking at me--with a 'nanner, nanner' look on his face--announced, "I am going to Camp Wayoutinthewoods with my class! I will NOT have to deal with YOU for an ENTIRE week!" I looked at him with an extremely evil and malevolent look of my own and answered, "Don't be so sure. I was just asked to be the coordinator for the girl's counselor's at Camp Wayoutinthewoods--the week YOU will be there!"

That night I learned the meaning of crestfallen--the exact look on The Brother's face. (I also learned the word 'blanched.') :D

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:37 AM

    Love getting in the last word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!!!! That is awesome!!! I'd have loved one of those moments served up to me on a silver platter when I was younger... Oooh... My brother would have just died!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:51 AM

    were you really going to be a coordinator or did you make it up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WAS the coordinator for the week. I don't think I would have been quick enough to think of it as a taunt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good one! LOL

    Trying to catch up here! I've given you a little "something something" over at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:53 PM

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

    get backs are a bitch

    ReplyDelete
  7. This WAS one of my favorites! :D

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...