Friday, April 11, 2008

Updating the Storm

There is no telling how much snow anyone here in the UP got. Anywhere from a couple of inches to almost 12 fell--BUT, it wasn't as much as was predicted. Everything that fell was dense, heavy, and wet--lots of slush. Some places lost power, but not many. Basically, all of the schools closed for the day. The roads had warmed enough in the past days/weeks, so by this afternoon most were just wet--at least the ones that had been plowed. At 10:00 AM, I looked outside--it was still snowing--and decided to cancel the appointment I had scheduled for this afternoon. I didn't need to. I'm not sure I would have made it out of our driveway, though--the plow pushed a ton of snow into the mouth and I would never have been able to shovel it. Oh, well, that is life here.

The forecast says we are not done with this particular storm. It has started snowing again and should continue overnight and tomorrow. We still are under a storm warning calling for 7 more inches with high, gusty winds. A NSW meteorologist was interviewed on the local news and she said this should be the last of our big storms for the year. However, she also said it isn't unusual for us to get storms all of the way into May. In 1990, we got 20 inches from May 9-10. :)


3 comments:

  1. Good grief I feel for you.. It finally stopped raining here, but the waters everywhere that flooded have yet to reall start receding. What a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the news today they had a video of somewhere in northern MN. Two deer were walking and all you could see was their heads. Now thatsa lotta snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It finally stopped snowing around noon--and then the sun came out! Once again, all of the roads are clear and wet. In our yard where the snowblower cleared, the ground is showing, so I have high hopes that everything we got this past week will go by next weekend. K said if THIS doesn't take care of bringing Lake Superior levels up, then nothing will! :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...