Sunday, April 20, 2008

Four Down, Twelve To Go

Today the Wings defeated Nashville and won round one of the playoffs. Thank goodness that is over. I feel as if the first round and the last round are the hardest on the players and this series was no exception. The Nashville goalie was fantastic and that is why the scores were as close as they were. Now the Wings have a few days off and then will go on to round two against either Calgary or Colorado. Either team is going to be hard for them to play, so it doesn't matter which one they get. For a couple of days, anyway, the knot in the pit of my stomach will be eased. :)

One of the greatest things about hockey is the post-game handshake at the end of a playoff series--no other sport does the same thing. Hockey players are a class act, in many ways, as opposed to a lot of other athletes.



--NASHVILLE, TN - APRIL 20: The Detroit Red Wings defeat the Nashville Predators to move to the next playoff round on April 20, 2008 during game six of the Western Conference Quarterfinals of the 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at the Sommet Center in Nashville, Tennessee. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...