Tuesday, April 29, 2008

One Step Closer

The win tonight was a definite relief. Colorado had Forsberg playing tonight and Theodore didn't do quite as badly as the last two games, PLUS they were at home. They were desperate and it showed.

I knew the Avs would really play physically tonight and they did. Forsberg got a double minor for high-sticking Samuelsson--two minutes for the high stick and two minutes because he drew blood. Shortly after Sammy sat down, a linesman skated over to the bench and handed over the tooth they found on the ice--it was Sammy's. I guess that's why the blood. :) It was lucky that the Wings brought their dentist along to Denver--maybe Sammy's tooth can be saved. But, I would be surprised if this is the first tooth he had knocked out while playing hockey.

While I am not ready to say 'sweep,' the Wings CAN do it if they win on Thursday. It would be nice for them to get rid of the Avs, but then they will have too many days till they have to play again. It would be good for them to rest, but they also could get very rusty, so... Two of the four other series are on the verge of sweeping, also--only one of the series has both teams winning at least one game. A very interesting round, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...