Friday, April 11, 2008

Clearing My Mind

I LOVE how women connect. It is as if we have one mind. For example: When talking to another married woman, all I have to say to explain why I am mad at my husband is, "MEN!" EVERY married woman knows what I am talking about. Of course, it isn't only about men where we connect so wonderfully, but it is one example. We women are quite great, aren't we?

**********

So, we had about six inches of snow fall again this past Monday into Tuesday. The second week we had a storm. Tonight we are under another storm/blizzard warning for all of Friday and into late Saturday. This storm is supposed to dump up to 24 inches up the road from us. In the city we could be looking at 10 inches or more. All of this snow will, once again, be wet and heavy. Add the blizzard-strength winds and we could have one hell of a mess to get through. yay. To top it all off, we could possibly get a thunderstorm tonight. Just what I need, thundersnow! (Yes, it is called that. And yes, we have had it before.)

**********

I mentioned to Meleah the other day that you won't find anything on Canadian TV in the evenings for the foreseeable future. This is because the Stanley Cup playoffs have begun. I don't know if she actually believed me, but it is absolutely true. At 7:00 PM each and every night through the first round, at least, the first game of the night begins. Then, at 10:00 PM, the second game begins. IF the first game ends early enough, they MIGHT show the news. And the news WILL fit in the time between games. If the first game should happen to go into overtime, or just run a little long, the news program will be shortened. In Canada, NOTHING is more important than hockey. The rest of the world be damned!

**********

As you can imagine, I am caught up in the playoffs. If Detroit isn't playing, I am watching two games at once. I find, though, that the playoffs for me are like our political elections: When trying to pick who I want to win, I wind up looking at the lesser of two evils. The ONLY teams I will ALWAYS want to lose are Anaheim and Pittsburgh. Anaheim because they have the dirtiest players in the NHL. Pittsburgh because I am so damned sick and tired of hearing about Sidney Crosby. My worst nightmare? Anaheim and Pittsburgh playing in the finals! That will be the day that Lord Stanley rolls over in his grave. (He probably did last year when Anaheim won the Cup.)

**********

Has anyone seen the new $5? I don't know, but every time I see any of the new currency, I can't help but think, "FAKE!" For those who haven't seen one, here is what the new fives look like:





5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:10 AM

    I wondered if you were getting a lot of snow, stay warm and hope it melts soon.

    I handled some of those new 5's and thought it was Monopoly money at first. You're not the only one who instinctively thinks it's fake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:11 PM

    Wow. That is a lot of effin' snow. Sheesh! I see why you call it the Frozen Tundra. Yikes.

    I totally believe you about the Hockey thing. (and I plan on watching those movies you suggested) xxoo

    Ps...yes, that money looks totally fake.

    Oh yeah...and Women are awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that woman thing, too. An eye roll, a mutter...us married gals are ALL on the same page. I dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. meleah: I have lived with/known about the hockey thing all of my life and I still have a hard time believing it! :)

    And the thing that is the MOST wonderful about the woman thing is that it continues through the generations--I have the same connection with my girls!

    One of the things I loved about K getting to go to all of the countries he did while in the Navy was the currency he brought home. It was so colorful and strange-looking--he called it 'funny money.' Now WE have it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just talked about that woman thing the other day, didn't we?? :) It's that sisterhood thing! YA-YA! LOL

    I just got one of those fives the other day and I had no idea it was going to change! As time goes by our money looks more and more like Monopoly money.. Maybe I should see if I can buy myself a hotel with it..

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...