Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Little Sad

The finalists were announced for the Hart trophy today and Lidstrom is not one of them. I feel a little sad. Oh, well. I guess 'they' decided that he will (probably) win the Norris for the sixth time in seven years, so he doesn't NEED the Hart. (There are some who have suggested renaming the Norris the Nick Lidstrom Award, as he has won or been nominated so many times. :) He still hasn't set the record for number of wins, though--that goes to Orr with eight.) Also, he will get so many accolades if the Wings win the Cup. He will be the first European to captain a Cup winner--something that many say will NEVER happen. I certainly hope he proves them wrong.

While Lidstrom gets his share of praise, I don't think a lot of people realize just how good he actually is. The man does his job with such ease and perfection, that he makes it look easy. (And the same can be said of Datsyuk!) If he had to struggle to put up the numbers he gets, maybe he would be acknowledged more. He comes by the nickname of 'The Most Perfect Human' that his teammates have given him, honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...