Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I'm Feeling Much Better Now...

There is nothing like getting some sleep and having the sewer guys fix what's wrong to change a person's mood--so things are getting better. :)

Today when the guys came in, they not only cleaned out the pipe but they put a camera in to see what the problem is. They found a tree root ball which is making things go all funky. So, they put Rid-X in the pipe and we are waiting for the appropriate three hours to see if all is well. They could only estimate as to how far away from the house the root ball is, so we can't be certain if it is on our property or not. If it is on city property, we could possibly have the city come in and fix the mess--if it is on our property, well...

This is so maddening to me for several different reasons. Of course, it is just not right to not be able to use water/toilet/shower. This doesn't make for a happy person. I HATE having to pay for the same thing over and over again. It isn't the drain-guys' fault, but I wish things could be taken care of ONCE instead of having to do the same thing over and over again.

The biggest reason this pisses me off is that our sewer reliability has always been phenomenal. I am sure I could flush a full-grown elephant with no problems! We have lived in this house almost thirty years and before this run of problems, we have only had to have the pipes taken care of three times previously. I could live with once every ten years, but having to have work done every couple of months, no. K said he is going to start using Rid-X routinely so we don't have to do this again. I hope it works.

Thinking

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:45 PM

    ouch, thats a pain in the ass right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:09 AM

    hoping the Rid-X works. At least you know what the problem is now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:34 AM

    I'm just glad you're not going to womp up on somebody!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY glad I don't have to womp anyone! :) Hopefully, the Rid-X takes care of the problem. I HATE not being able to use the 'facilities.'

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...