Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Life Goes On

Right now, our thermometers are showing 69 degrees. And yes, that IS outside. All of the snow we got with the last storm is pretty much gone from our yard. That is NOT to say that we don't still have snow--I'm looking at another week or so before it is all gone. I guess there still is some cold air in Canada that needs to be watched, so we are not totally out of the woods in terms of getting more snow. Never say never here.

**********

We are doing a road trip on Friday. It will be nice to get out of here for the night--we haven't done an overnighter since January, so we're due. The major reason for the trip is an appointment with an eye doctor. I'm going to be evaluated to see if I am a candidate for LASIK surgery. The more I read, however, the more I'm afraid it won't be an option for me. Oh, well, the evaluation is free, so I won't be out anything but a little time. I'm still hopeful, though.

**********

I'm having a real problem trying to get C to write up a guest list for her birthday party. I don't know what gives. I know she is looking forward to the party, but she would be just as happy with a small dinner party. I think she is a little embarrassed about the fuss. She will just have to suck it up, though--I've already sent in the deposit, so the party WILL happen. I will need the list before the week is out--I need to talk to the caterer about the menu and I have to get the invitations out before the postage goes up.

**********

Game number four is on tonight--I just hope there is ONLY one more after this. If they get their shit together, they can finish off the series in five games.

Our Central Division Champion T-shirts were delivered the other day. I'm hoping to get two more shirts this year: Western Conference Champions and Stanley Cup Champions! If not this year, then another.

We won't be able to watch game five as we will be out of town. Hmmm. I watched a part of ALL of the regular season games and now will miss a possible series-ending game. Unbelievable! :) I will be wearing my newest jersey--a blank one that I just got--on Friday when we go out to eat. Hey, the boys will be playing, so I HAVE to wear the colors! :D

**********

I'm having some computer issues. There seems to be some problems with Firefox--I am getting error messages. The trouble is, nothing is consistent, so I couldn't re-create the problem and ask any tech support about what might be going on. I also am having a problem that crops up saying there is a network/IP problem--again, not consistent. ARRRRGGGGHHHH! I SO want to get a new computer, but I can't even think about it until Microsoft fixes Vista--or decides they will continue to sell XP. They have announced that the new OS will be out in 2010, but we all know how right-on-the-money Microsoft is with getting their products to market on time! UGH! Unfortunately, I think the only thing I will be able to do is re-format my hard drive and start with a clean slate. I don't want to do it. (And I DON'T want to hear it, Meleah! I KNOW you are hooked on Apple. :))

**********

And, for a little laugh:



I LOVE the smile on her face--as well as the hanging-down boobs!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:16 AM

    Hope you have a nice time on your overnighter trip. I'll be looking for the post about the evaluation.

    I can understand C's hesitation-probably wondering if anyone will show up! Tell her to not worry about it, just invite as many as she can and concentrate on having fun at her party and not worry about who comes or doesn't come.

    I use Firefox and haven't gotten error messages, so I'm wondering if you've done the usual stuff when there's a problem-dump your cookies, empty the cache, etc. I too don't want to have to deal with Vista so I'm keeping my fingers crossed my computer lasts till they come up with a better OS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Like these cartoons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestion on emptying the cache, Janet. That definitely IS one problem many people have. When I found out about the cache, I became OBSESSED with emptying it, as well as my temp internet files, etc. I have helped people to empty the temp files, etc, and it took well over 10 minutes to do so! And they couldn't understand why their computers ran so slowly.

    Obviously, the problems I have been having aren't cache problems, so I don't know where else to look. I'm still thinking the problem lies with the bloat that is Windows. Re-formatting just seems to take care of so much crap--I think a big part is getting rid of all the garbage that is left in the registry from regular use of the computer. I wish I DARED to hack the registry, but so much can go wrong if you do the simplest little no-no, so I will leave it alone. If things keep popping up, I may be forced to re-format, but if things don't get any worse, I will probably live with the occasional error message. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cartoon! I've got to show this one to my Mom. lol

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...