Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's Done and Done

I spent the day getting everything scheduled for my LASIK surgery. The big day is 22 May and we will be traveling to Green Bay for the procedure. I am having all of the pre- and post-sugical appointments done locally--much easier that way. I'm really excited about the whole thing!

**********

It took until after midnight--less than two hours ago--to find out which team Detroit plays in the second round of the playoffs. Calgary just kind of melted, so San Jose won their series. This means that Colorado and Detroit go at it in the second round. I'm not too sure how I feel about this. But then, I'm not too sure I wanted the Wings to play the Flames, so...

This series is going to be ANOTHER excuse to bring out everything having to do with The Great Rivalry. All I know is that halfway through the second game I will want to drop kick the TVs out of the front window because I will be tired of hearing the name of Peter Forsberg being praised over and over and over and over... Oh, well, I guess he IS the only European good enough to be praised by Canadian/ North American announcers. Yeah, right.

Once again, I am cautiously optimistic about the Wings chances in the second round. If they play to their ability, they can win. If they let their guard down for an instant, they will lose. Here's hoping they play their best! Thursday, round two begins--guess where I will be?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:08 PM

    wooo hooo

    LASIK surgery is the bombinatrix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:23 AM

    hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But, of course, I'm getting the heebie-jeebies with all of the news lately about LASIK. I realize it changes nothing, because the risk has always been there and I have known that, but having to shoved in my face so blatantly, well... I'm sure everything will go well. Thanks for the good wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...